Photograph of a view of the bell tower at Mission San Luis Obispo from the patio, ca.1900. The tower extends upward from another building at left. Both the tower and the other building are made of wood, although the siding on the tower is white, while the siding on the building is darker. The tower has an open deck near the top, and three bells are visible inside. The tower is topped by a steeply sloped, pyramidal roof with a cross at its peak. The roof of both buildings are covered in small wooden shingles. A chimney protrudes from the lower building at center. The foreground is covered in large bushes and short trees.