Photograph of the Newhall Metering station for natural gas, ca.1955. A row of thick, shining pipes sits in the foreground, delving into the ground at right. Each is connected to the metering station behind it, a small shed-like structure with metering devices on its inner wall. Behind the metering station, at right, stand five tall vessels, with pipes that stretch down to connect to a maze of piping. Behind the station stands a house-like structure. Lines from utility poles stream through the background, and a line of trees appears in the distance, at right. A large tree casts its shadow over the soil in the foreground, framing the photograph at left.; Photoprint reads: "For gas received from San Joaquin Valley and some coastal areas, metered here and sent to Los Angeles".