Photograph of a flock of sheep at Newhall Ranch, ca.1900. The heads of the lightly-colored sheep at center are stooped down to the grass below and out of view. Their wool looks very short as if recently cut. The sheep are fenced in by a short, wooden fence on the left and a thin, wire fence on the right. Behind the wire fence stands a wooden shed with an automobile to the right and finally a house on the far right. A large tree stands behind the wooden structures with the hillside in the background on the left.