Photograph of a portrait of the orchestra of Mrs. Tingley's Theosophist Institute, ca.1902. This photo, probably taken early in 1902, depicts a youth string orchestra of eighteen members (including its conductor) seated and standing in an arrangement on what looks to be a stage. "The orchestra itself was founded in 1901, and was the nucleus of what later developed into a symphony orchestra which, with changes in personnel, was maintained for many years, and frequently gave programs in San Diego; as well as almost weekly concerts on the grounds at Point Loma. Theosophical University gave a weekly series of programs which were broadcast by remote control over KFSD, from April, 1925, to December, 1928. These programs were devoted to classical music chiefly, and were rendered by an orchestra of about 50 members, a chorus of about 60 mixed voices, various chamber music ensembles, and a children's chorus; various solo players and singers being drawn on occasion from these different groups." -- Charles M. Savage, Secretary to President Security Trust & Savings Bank, San Diego, California, a former member of this orchestra and No. 1. in the following list.; Photoprint reads: "Standing, 10 members of orchestra, from left to right: 1. Charles M. Savage, 2. Hubert Dunn, 3. Montague Machell, 4. Sydney Peck, 5. H.T. Pettigrew (d); 6. V.T. Barborka, 7. Jose Alberni, 8. Rex Dunn, 9. Paul Franklin, (d), 10. Albert Spalding (d), son of Spalding Sporting goods fame. Seated in middle row from left to right: 1. Kurt Reineman, 2. George Dille, 3. Will A. Rounds (conductor), 4. E.A. Neresheimer, (d), 5. Edytha Pierce, (d). Seated on floor in front from left to right: 1. Guillermo Mena, 2. Jose Gomez, 3. Antonio Lopez".