Photograph of an exterior view of the Serrano house in Old Town, San Diego, ca.1910. The long, two-story adobe rancher is shown at center, its anterior wall facing the viewer. Much of the spackle ahs come away from the front of the house, showing darker material underneath. Two doors are positioned on the bottom floor, separated by a shuttered window: one on the far left, another in the center. Two more windows follow the rightmost door. On the second floor, only windows are visible, and woode paneling is affixed to the adobe. A length of picket fence is visible to the bottom right. The Carillo house is adjoined to the south.; Picture file card reads: "The house was built in 1824, one of the first houses built in San Diego. Built by Rafaela Serrano, wife of Leandro Serrano, mayor domo of Rancho Temescle. The house was destroyed in 1920".