Photograph of an exterior view of the Carillo house in San Diego, ca.1900. The house, built by Captain Ruiz between 1810 and 1820, was the first house in Pueblo built outside of the Presidio walls. It stands at center, a widely-branching tree standing in front of it in the center foreground. It appears to be adobe, its rough-cut bricks showing bare on the outside walls. In the side facing the viewer, three doorways are visible, spaced at regular intervals. The leftmost two have doors made of wooden planks. The third doorway appears to have been bricked shut. To the left, farther in the background, the home's roof hangs over what appears to be an open-air porch. Miscellaneous lumber is visible in the yard to the right, along with the beginning of a post-and-rail fence.