Photograph of the San Diego Cable Railway cable car designed by Frank Van Vleck (Fleck?) (standing at left), variously dated 1898 (design date?), ca.1905, or 1912. Six men and a woman stand or sit on or near the car which stands in front of the brick power house on the southwest corner of 4th Street and Spruce Street. The car ran up 4th Street to Mission Cliff Gardens. Signs on the side of the car read: "University and Florence Heights, Fourth, C, and Sixth Streets", "Las Perasquitas", "San Diego Cable Railway". Caption reads: "Cable car of the San Diego Cable Ry. -- designed by Frank Van Vleck, standing at left."