Photograph of a view of Fourth Street looking north from D Street (Broadway?) in San Diego, ca.1900. The arched façade of the Pickwick theatre is visible on the right side of the street, with a sign that reads "Pickwick Theatre 1904 Wilde". The rest of the right side of the street is taken up by four other large buildings, one closer to the viewer than the theatre and the rest further away. All of these buildings are at least three stories, with the furthest two having spires or towers on top. In the street, there are many horse-drawn carriages, pedestrians, and at least one man on a bicycle. The Pickwick theatre was built in 1904 by future San Diego mayor Louis J. Wilde, and served primarily as a vaudeville house until its conversion to motion pictures in 1922 and its demolition in 1926.