Photograph of a birdseye view of Old Town San Diego from Fort Stockton Hill, ca.1868. The town is visible in the center of the image, and most of it is composed of closely spaced houses and shops. The bottom left corner of town is marked by several large corrals, and the bottom right corner has an orchard. There is a broad dirt road running from the bottom right corner of the image diagonally to the center of town. There is a river bordering the city in the background, and beyond this is an open plain divided by a narrow tributary flowing into the larger river.