Photograph of the exterior view of the San Bernardino County Jail building (built in 1904), ca.1910. The castle-like building is about three-stories tall. Some of the features of the stone masonry building include battlements on the roof, barred windows and doors all around, and striped awnings covering the windows on the first floor. Several small buttress-like towers decorate the façade of the building. The façade is symmetric, with the exception of two chimneys, which are located on the left side of the building. Two signs above the windows on the first floor reads: "County", "Jail 1904". A horse-drawn wagon and several bicycles are parked in front.