Photograph of the sculpture at San Francisco's Cliff House, ca.1890. The picture is dominated by a steep cliff, into which a flight of stairs has been cut. Standing on these steps are several women in black dresses. On top of the cliff is a low stone wall that resembles battlements on a castle, and more people can be seen standing behind it. Further behind the wall is a building with a flat roof, and on the left side of this building is a tower, complete with several flights of stairs reaching the top platform. On the left side of the cliff, a wrought-iron fence runs from the top of the cliff steps to the edge of another building at the extreme left of the picture. Below, statues are arranged sporadically on pedestals made from the cliff rock, as well as on the flat clearing farther down.