Photograph of the main channel of the Los Angeles Harbor and several large ships, ca.1900. Both sides of the channel are lined with large, docked sailing vessels. Most of these have at least three masts, and both ships in the foreground on the left have four. There is a steam tugboat in the middle of the channel, traveling from the right side to the left. To the right of the tugboat is a small skiff occupied by two people. In the early 1900s the Banning Company owned many steam ships and liters. One of the steam ships was called the Falcon. These steam ships were used in many cases to transport passengers and cargo to Catalina. In the early 1900s the Banning family owned Catalina.