Photograph of an exterior view of Coulter's Department Store on Wilshire Boulevard, in the Miracle Mile, showing automobiles, ca.1939. Built in 1938 and located at the SE corner of Wilshire and Hauser boulevards, the six-story Art Deco building of Coulter's Department Store stands in the center of the image. Awnings hang over its first floor display windows, while stripes of glass blocks cross the building at each of the middle four floors. A paved street runs in front of the building, from the foreground to the right background, lined on both sides by parked automobiles. Other automobiles drive along the right side of the street, toward the background. The Spanish Revival building bearing signs which read "Citizens National Trust & Savings Bank" and "Bonner Campbell Insurance" sits behind Coulter's; a highrise that reads "Arthur Murray" is visible in the distance.