Photograph of an exterior view of the St. Vibiana Cathedral soon after its completion on Main Street, Los Angeles, ca.1880. Built between 1871 and 1876, the arabesque cathedral stands at center, a rose window positioned above the main entrance with a religious statue affixed at either side. It is surrounded by a wrought-iron fence. The cathedral's bell tower can be seen extending from the back of the building. To the left, two men stand and talk in front of the Union Rescue Mission's own picket fence. A typed caption underneath the image identifies the cathedral and the year.