Photograph of an exterior view of the Cathedral of Saint Vibiana, located at Main Street and Second Street, ca.1888. The large, neo-Classical cathedral is shown at center, with other, commercial buildings at its left. Several statues protrude from the church's roof, along with two spired steeples. The façade shown has two unadorned pediments, a rose window, and a balustraded railing along the lower roofline. Pedestrians and horse-drawn buggies stand on the sidewalk and street in front of the cathedral.; Legible signs, from left to right, include: "Los Angeles [B]usiness College. Southern California College of Law", "H. Mathews. Paints. Sherwin-Wi[...]. Pure K[...]", "Scriver & Quinn. Paints, Varnishes, Glass & [...]".