Photograph of the University Methodist Episcopal Church, Jefferson Street, ca.1895. The wood church has a tall square bell tower topped with a steep peaked roof. Two round windows in two sides of the tower over the main entrance have two six-pointed stained glass stars in them. A group of four people stand near or on the steps to the main entry. An adjacent house with a surrounding picket fence and a widow's walk on the roof is visible in the background to the left. A park with trees and flowers is in the foreground and at right. The church bears writing on the street end reading "University M.E. Church".; Streetscape. Horizontal photography.