Photograph of the Casa Loma Hotel in Redlands, 1896. Colton Avenue crosses in front of the hotel. The street and sidewalk in the foreground is Orange Avenue. The three-story building has a double portico on this facade. A square solarium[?] tower is on the corner of the hotel. A few buildings are visible beyond. The hotel opened 25 February 1896. The Redlands Chamber of Commerce induced Colonel J.T. Ritchie to build the hotel. He subscribed $40,000 and the public $20,000. It had 150 rooms. The Casa Loma Hotel Company bought out Ritchie on 1 June 1899. A later owner was C.L. Roy. The corner room on the second floor is known as the "President Suite" as it was stayed in by President Roosevelt (May 1903), President Taft (October 1909), and President McKinley (1901).