Photograph of a sketch of ruins of the Chapel at Agua Mansa, 1888. Two buildings are visible at center, roofless and with their walls collapsing. The spackle is crumbling from off their adobe and their roof beams have fallen in. Trees are visible in the foreground to the left. A dead trunk is visible to the right. Forest is visible in the background.; "The Chapel was built in 1843 by five families living on Rancho Jurupa in San Bernardino County, owned by Juan Bandini. In 1852 the Chapel was destroyed by the flooding of the Santa Ana river. A new chapel was erected on a knoll known as San Salvado Hill. One of the floods of 1862 wiped out the village around the church. However, the church survived. The surviving church is the one pictured. Services in the first church were conducted by visiting priests from San Gabriel, but the second church was put in the charge of Father Ambel. The timber for both churches was hauled from Mill Creek. The site of the second church later became the orange and lemon groves of J. Loyd Jones, one and a half miles from Colton."--G.W. Beattie, Highland, CA.