Photograph of a panoramic view of the ruins of the San Bernardino Mission and Barton Villa, 1890. Small dirt paths weave their way over the hilly terrain from the foreground of the photo to the distance where the collapsed adobe walls of the mission can be seen. To the extreme left, the several story building of the Barton Villia, built in 1867 by Dr. Benjamin Barton, is visible. Mountains are also visible in the background. Barton became the pioneer druggist to San Bernardino. In 1857 he purchased 1000 acres outside of the Redlands later known as Barton Hill, which included the San Bernardino Asistencia (Mission) buildings. His home, the villia, is located a short distance away from the old mission adobes.