Photograph of a lithograph depicting Fort Sutter, Sacramento, California, ca.1848. A group of seven pack mules are led across the small wooden bridge in the foreground by a horseman on land to the right and three more crossing the bridge to the left. Across the stream, the fort can be seen, surrounded by tall walls and two large, wooden gate doors. The top of the fort's main building is visible and flies the American flag. Lookout towers are positioned on the back corners of the wall, in front of which a fourth, lone horseman can be seen. The historical fort itself was armed with nine guns and had a garrison of 100 men.