Photograph of an exterior view of the Hall of Records and Court House in Sacramento, ca.1905. Small, metal posts line the street which lies across the foreground. The Hall of Records stands behind the sidewalk on the left with a large, arched entrance. Awnings hang over its large windows and bold, lightly-colored print spells "Records" across the top of the building. Various trees decorate its fenced yard which reaches to the Court House on the right. Stairs lead from the sidewalk to the garden of columns which guard the entrance to the stone building. What appears to be a flag pole bearing no flag protrudes from the roof.