Photograph of an exterior view of Kaufmann School, showing students lounging around in front, Pomona, ca.1910. The mission revival style building has a two story center connecting two one-story portions that extend the building forward on either side. Steps are visible at the front entrance to the building, at center connected by a wide sidewalk to the street. To the right, six young students, four boys, and two girls, are pictured in the foreground. Five are sitting on or leaning against a large railing, while the sixth is sitting on the curb directly below. Also, centered in front of the building is a flagpole with an American flag flying. This 4th ward school, built in 1903-1904 at 6th Street and Palomares Street became Kaufmann School after 1910. The towers were removed in 1929.