Photograph of the cross on Mount Rubidoux summit, Riverside, [s.d.]. Steps, made of stones (or bricks?), lead up to the cross that is standing on a large boulder. The cross is made of two wooden beams held together by two metallic(?) bars bolted to the beams. A type of rope or leather material is fastened around the intersections of the cross. A plaque, hammered or bolted into the boulder on which the cross stands, reads: "FPA. Junipero Serra, 1713-1784, dedicated April 26, 19[...]7, by [...]". Agricultural grids of land and mountains of Riverside County are visible in the distance.; "This natural mountain area has an excellent City view as it towers approximately 1300 feet above sea level. It is the highest point in downtown Riverside and it has a popular hiking trail, which offers a spectacular 360-degree view of Riverside. It also has upon it, the Mt. Rubidoux Peace Tower that was built in 1925 to promote world peace and was dedicated to Frank Miller. Before it was purchased and developed, the Cahuilla and Serrano people lived at the base of the mountain near the thriving Santa Ana River. Frank Miller bought the mountain in 1906 and built a narrow, winding road leading to a huge cross on the summit. This cross, erected in 1907, was dedicated to local missionary Father Junipero Serra, and two years later was home to the nations first Easter sunrise service. In 1993, the road was closed to vehicle traffic, much to the satisfaction of locals of Riverside." -- unknown author.