Photograph of the bell on top of Mt. Rubidoux, Riverside, ca.1910. The bell is attached to a wooden post and lintel. Large branches attached to metallic(?) poles stand diagonally against the posts to provide even more support. The bell is attached to the lintel with large chains. The bell has a cross engraved (or embossed?) into it. The bell structure stands on hard rock (boulder?).; "This natural mountain area has an excellent City view as it towers approximately 1300 feet above sea level. It is the highest point in downtown Riverside and it has a popular hiking trail, which offers a spectacular 360-degree view of Riverside. It also has upon it, the Mt. Rubidoux Peace Tower that was built in 1925 to promote world peace and was dedicated to Frank Miller. Before it was purchased and developed, the Cahuilla and Serrano people lived at the base of the mountain near the thriving Santa Ana River. Frank Miller bought the mountain in 1906 and built a narrow, winding road leading to a huge cross on the summit. This cross, erected in 1907, was dedicated to local missionary Father Junipero Serra, and two years later was home to the nations first Easter sunrise service. In 1993, the road was closed to vehicle traffic, much to the satisfaction of locals of Riverside." -- unknown author.