Photograph of General Petroleum Corp.'s Crude Oil Unit Number 8, part of the Mobilgas Refinery, in Torrance, ca.1954. Two shiny vessels stand tall at right, connected by a series of connecting platforms, ladders and pipes. Beside them stands a brick house-like structure containing what appear to be tanks, connected by pipes to the vessels. A tall stack pokes out of the roof of this structure, beside a small chimney emitting a plume of smoke. Behind this is a series of large pipes that bend to meet at a point. The background is neutral.