Photograph of General Petroleum's catalytic reformer, Torrance, ca.1958. Two towers stand tall amidst a maze of piping at left. This system of pipes stretches to the right, where it connects to several tanks. Behind this elaborate setup stand two smoke stacks, the rightmost one poking out of a house-like structure. In the background,, a cylindrical tank and several other stacks can be discerned. At right stretches a field lined with utility poles, behind which one can see houses in the far distance.; Photoprint reads: "This 12,000 barrel daily catalytic reformer recently went on stream at General Petroleum Corporation's Torrance Refinery. Its purpose is to improve straight run gasoline by treatment at high pressure and high temperature in the presence of a platinum catalyst. The towers on the left are the stripper, fractionator, and stabilizer".