Photograph of the exterior of the First Congregational Church on the southeast corner of Third Street and Hill Street, ca.1890. The building has a sharp spire rising from a square tower on the corner. The adjacent buildings (commercial and residential) are visible. Stretching over the street in the foreground are utility lines. A horse-drawn carriage is parked at the curb at right. Two pedestrians are on the sidewalk in front and to the side of the church. A woman is kneeling near the curb across the street near two utility poles in the foreground. Streetcar rails round the corner at right. Legible signs include: "The Scholl Ground Floor Gallery, S. Bros.", "Bartlett's Music House", "Hill St., [...]rd St.", "The cars stop".... It was dedicated on 16 May 1883. The pastor was A.G. Wells. It was sold to the Central Baptist Church nd later bought by the First Utilitarian Church.; Streetscape. Horizontal photography.