Photograph of a painting of Mission San Gabriel as seen in Alfred Robinson's book, "Life in California", on page 35, lithograph of G. and W. Endicott, ca.1838-1846. The mission consists of the church, an arcade and living quarters(?). The church features a multicurved gable with five arched recesses where bells are hung. About ten buttresses provide support for the wall to the right of the gable. To the left of the church is the arcade. Behind the church is a tower. Nearby are living quarters (or residential homes?).