Photograph of an exterior view of the Rafael Peralta Adobe, 1936. The small adobe building is at center and is in a state of disrepair. The adobe bricks have been stripped of their spackle and have been eroded by the weather. A dead tree stands at left. Another building is visible in the background at left, and there are trees in the background at right. Two men are standing in front of the building. Photoprint reads: "This house is the only standing adobe on Rancho Santiago de Santa Ana built, occupied, and owned by the original grantee families before the break-up of the huge rancho in 1868. It was built in 1850 by Rafael Peralta, son of the original co-grantee D. Juan Pablo Peralta. In the picture are (left to right) Geraro and Rosendo Peralta, both sons of D. Rafael and born in the early 1850's. The house had an upper story and two more rooms in the foreground where the ruined wall and mound are seen." -- Alfonso Yorba.