Photograph of the intersection of Fourth Street and Main Street in Santa Ana, ca.1940. The intersection is in the foreground and one of the streets extends from the foreground at right into the distance at left. Several large automobiles are parked along the side of the road, and pedestrians can be seen crossing the street in a crosswalk at center. Tall buildings line both sides of the street, and a network of utility wires hangs over the road.; Legible signs include, from left to right: "The Salvation Army", "Shoes", "Rankin's", "Hugh Lowe & Sons", "H. W. Woolworth Co.", "Lorenz", and "Jewelers".