Photograph of the Valley State Bank building on the corner in El Centro, Imperial Valley, ca.1905-1906. People stand along the sidewalk in front of the two-story brick building, horse-drawn carriages parked along the left side of the unpaved street at center. A dog walks out into the street beneath the shadow of the bank. Two men sit off from the sidewalk to the left, a second dog behind them. The arches of a Romanesque building are visible to the right. Signs on the bank read: "Valley State Bank", "Central Committee" and "Druggist".