Photograph of an external view of the Mission Buenaventura, Ventura, California, ca.1927. The tall, adobe-style mission stands with its main building to the left of center, a modest cross attached to the top of its terracotta-tiled roof. To the right of the main building, the bell tower stands, with two bell chambers and a cross on top, to the right of which stands the small Mission Museum where a small clapboard-sided house can be seen in the background. A sign is attached to a post on the sidewalk at the left. It reads: "El Camino Real / Mission San Buenaventura / Founded March [...] 1782 / Mission San Fernando 64 [right arrow] / [left arrow] Mission Santa Barbara 30". A bell is also attached to the top of the pole.