Photograph of Evans' Great White Fleet entering the San Pedro Harbor, showing a long wharf in the foreground, 1908. The wharf cuts across the width of the image in the foreground, two cranes visible positioned on it to the right. In the background, a long file of white steam ship can be seen moving from the left distance to the right foreground. Other, smaller ships such as a schooner and skiff can be seen farther left.; The White Fleet was a touring fleet that then-President Theodore Roosevelt sent around the world from December 16, 1907 to February 22, 1909 as a symbol of the American naval power. The image represents the fleet while it was still under the command of Rear-Admiral Robley D. Evans.