Photograph of a birdseye view of the Mission Ventura, ca.1870. The adobe buildings of the mission are pictured from behind, the L-shaped one-story cloisters in the foreground having lost most of their spackle. A kiln stands in front of them to the left, with two grain wheel situated a little farther forward in the clearing. The mission's church can be seen in the background, a two-story long adobe with a shingled roof. Its tiered bell tower can be seen to the right of center. The Schiappapietra house can be seen to the left of center in the town. The ocean is visible in the distance.