Photograph of an exterior view of the western entrance to the mill at Mission San Gabriel, ca.1885. The mill building is a rectangular adobe structure with a peaked roof covered with terracotta tiles. There are three arched doorways in the side of the building at center, and a set of steps leads to a platform in front of them. The ruins of a large adobe structure are at right, and a leafless tree grows between the ruins and the mill. There are several other trees visible, including a large tree in the foreground at left.