Photograph of the exterior of the Washington School, corner of San Marino Avenue and Hermosa Drive, San Gabriel, ca.1888. The three-story stone and wood Victorian structure has a polygonally-shaped tower to the left of the main entry and a five-story square tower which rises to a point over the main entry. There are covered balconies in both towers and to the right of the main entry. About fifty students and teachers are standing (or sitting) scattered around the front of the schoolhouse. On small building is visible behind the school at right. A few wind-swept trees are visible on the horizon. Mountains rise in the distance at left. This is not the "First School at Alhambra".