Photograph of the residence of Judge Clinton Gibbs, San Gabriel, ca.1885. Two little girls sit in the open field in the foreground, their heads lowered to the hands they have in their lap, surrounded by diffuse shrubs and other brush. In the background, a one-story adobe house is visible behind several clusters of trees. It appears to have two separate partitions of nearly equal size.; "Judge Gibbs was one of the founders of Pomona. The walls of this home were 4' thick and it lay between what is now San Gabriel Boulevard and Broadqay. When the house began to fall to pieces a lot of Spanish money and some can[n]on balls were found under it."--Letter to J.Gregg Layne from Chas. G. Adams, Suit 101L Architects Building, 5th Street and Figueroa Street.