Photograph of an exterior view of the Mission San Gabriel, showing palms and annex, February 26, 1931. One of three palms stands directly in the center of the extreme foreground, with the other two moving towards the distance to its right. The wall of the mission is pictured in the background, five out of the four portholes that hold its bells visible, the sixth obscured by a palm branch. To the far left, the shingle roof of an annex to the wall is visible with a bed of plants below it, cordoned-off by a three-foot adobe wall. The stairs to the mission's entrance are just visible in the far right background.