Photograph of Mission Santa Barbara cloister, showing large piles of wood nearby, 1898. In the background at left, the cloister can be seen. Seven windows can be seen along the side of the two-story building, and a small bell tower is perched upon the peak of the roof. The bell on top of the cloister roof used to call the brothers. Stairs on the outside of the building lead up to the dormitories. Adjacent to the building at center, large piles of chopped wood can be seen neatly stacked in a rectangular pit. Stone walls can be seen covering the pit on three sides. A wooden fence is visible running adjacent to the large wood pit. There are trees and plants on the sides of the fence.