Photograph looking west on Second Street from Garey Street in Pomona, ca.1895-1896. On the corner is the Smith Block & Post Office. Building with cone tower is the Peoples Bank of Pomona on the southwest corner of Second Street and Thomas Street. Across the street, the building with the ornamental tower is the First National Bank of Pomona located on the northwest corner of Second Street and Main Street. The home furnishing store on the right was started about 1887 by W.H. Goodrich. The Wright Brothers joined him about 1895, and in 1897, C.E. Rice bought Mr. Goodrich's interest, and it became Wright Bros. & Rice. Horse-drawn wagons and bicyclist are in the dirt street. Pedestrians are on the sidewalk. A small boy is in a toy wagon in the middle of the street in the foreground. Legible signs include: "Dentist", "San Antonio Fruit Exchange", "Seeds", "W.A. Beel", "People's Bank", ..."weet's [...]goods, hats & shoes", "Ben-Hur Bicycles", "H.M. Martin [...] real estate", "Drugs, telephone office", "Goodrich & Wright Bro's. house furniture", "Dr. Burr".