Photograph of buildings taken east on Colorado Street in Pasadena, ca.1901. On the right side of the street, in the bottom right corner of the picture, is the white clapboard Academy of the Holy Names. It has two stories and a tower above the main entrance that reaches up another story. There is a covered porch held up by cylindrical columns and there are awnings over the entrance way and three upstairs windows. To the left of this building is a large brick church, identified by a tall spire and crosses on the apexes of the roof. There are a handful of young palm trees and a row of utility poles lining the street, and in the bottom left corner of the image a horse drawn carriage can be seen.