Photograph of the home of Colonel Banbury on Orange Grove Avenue in Pasadena, March, 1894. Several men and women stand on the porch of the small house with clapboard veneer, obscured by tree and shrub growth. The edge of another house is visible in the background at right. The house, finished in 1874, was the first house under construction in the Indiana colony in Pasadena of which Col. Banbury was a member. He had twin daughters, Jessie and Jennie, who were very popular. Each loved to play the piano, so the Colonel traded five acres of land located in the southeast corner of Colorado Street and Marengo, for a piano now known as the million dollar piano and owned by the Pasadena Historical Society. The Colonel's house would have been finished first had he not taken out time to help Mr. A.O. Bristol.