Photograph of Marengo Street west from Cromwell Street before widening, July 1947. In the foreground at center, a narrow street can be seen with a large line down its middle. To the left and right of the street wooden sawhorses can be seen showing construction on the road. On the far left, the words "Street Closed, Griffith Company" can be seen painted on a sawhorse near an automobile. To the left of the street, a large store with a sign labeled "Drugs" is visible. To the right, a line of homes and trees can be seen. A line of utility poles runs parallel to the street on either side.