Photograph of the first house in Ontario, built by the Chaffee brothers, ca.1882. The single-story house features a spacious covered porch and a dormer window that protrudes from the inclined roof. Several horse-drawn carriages are parked nearby. Another house and mountains are visible in the background. "First house built on the Ontario Colony Tract. It stood on Fourteenth Street and Second Street in back of Euclid Avenue. It was occupied by Don Andreno(?) Rubio(?) in 1882. Later house was moved to North Ontario. Was originally built by the Chaffee brothers." -- Ingersoll's History(?).