Photograph of an exterior view of the Rancho Los Cerritos ranch house, showing the inner courtyard from the north, ca.1900-1910. At center, a wooden gateway is arranged along an adobe wall that finishes an enclosed space flanked on the three other sides by adobe buildings, the farthest building two-feet tall. The two adobe long buildings at the left and right of the courtyard are only one-story tall. The building was built in 1844 by John Temple. In the foreground, a very narrow dirt path cuts to the right through the grass.