Photograph of the east front side of the Rancho Los Cerritos ranch house (later Bixby Ranch), ca.1900. At center, the two-story long adobe building is pictured, a porch along its second story. Several trees of varying size are dispersed along the grass in the foreground. The ranch house was located just off Long Beach Boulevard near the Virginia Country Club. It became the home of the Bixby family after Llewellyn Bixby and Benjamin and Thomas Flint became owners of the rancho in 1866. The buildings and grounds were restored and were later open to the public under lease from the Bixby family, to the City of Long Beach.