Photograph of Mrs. Thomas S. McNair residence in Glendora, 1896. At center, a small bush and palm tree are visible. To the left, a large hedge can be seen. The two-story structure stands at the background at center. A small flight of stairs can be seen leading to the doorway where columns support a small awning. Above the doorway, two small circular windows are visible. To the left, a cylindrical part of the building protrudes outward, and four chimney structures extend from the top of the roof. "This ranch was purchased in 1894 from a Mr. Ferguson and the home was built sometime between Feb, 1896 and 1899".; Photoprint reads: "Floor plans and reproduction of photographs are on pages 19, 22 and 23 of the Scientific American Building Edition for February, 1896 (Vol.21). The residence of Mrs. Thomas S. McNair located on her twenty acre lemon and orange ranch which was located southwest of Alosta and Grand Avenues, Glendora, California. This ranch was purchased in 1894 from a Mr. Ferguson and the house was built sometime between February, 1896 and 1899; copied from that of Mr. C.S. Trench, Highland Avenue, Orange, New Jersey."