Photograph of the exterior of the Glendale Hotel, occupied by Glendale Sanitarium until 1924, ca.1890. Also occupied by St. Hilda's Hall, School for Girls. This was the first "boom" hotel in Glendale and never opened as a hotel. The three-story stately Victorian wooden structure has three towers of varying shapes visible in this perspective. Four chimneys, also varied in size, sprout from the front of the building to tower over the widow's walk on top. Openings in the second-story porch wall are round. A wrap-around porch runs the circumference of the building on the first story. A broad dirt drive which encircles a small round garden in front is planted on each side by small trees and bushes. The surrounding grounds are flat and grassy. A few buildings are visible in the distance at each side. Mountains rise in the background.