Photograph of an exterior view of the old Methodist Church on Willowbrook Avenue seen from the city hall site in Compton, 1905. The steeple and belltower of the church can be seen from a distance at center, while to the left, two couples walk by a post-and-rail fence that runs along the sidewalk, supposedly dressed in their Sunday finery. The foremost couple pushes a small baby stroller (perambulator). To the right, an early automobile or horse-drawn carriage can be seen in the distance on a wide dirt road. The church, dedicated in 1872, later became the site of a US Post office.