Photograph of an exterior view of police headquarters at 318 W. First Street, Los Angeles, ca.1920-1929. The headquarters can be seen at center in a two-story building on the left side of a road that is on an upwards incline to the right. The arched entrance can be seen at center, and the building appears to be composed of some sort of rough, large brick. Signs on the building to the left of it read, "The Southwest Printers Supply", "Co-Operative Valetor Service", "Branch Office. Seanor Shafer. Bail [...]", "Seanor Shafer. Bail. 312. Bail. Seanor Shafer", "Branch Office. Seanor Shafer. Bail. Faber 1861", and "[...] Cleaning [...] Dressing". A storefront on the other side of the police headquarters reads, "[...] Cafe [...]". Pedestrians can be seen on the sidewalk in front of the buildings, as well as three cars on the street. This was known as Central Division later on. The Los Angeles Police Historical Society can provide additional information.